UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jul 2019, 7:17 pm   #1
saddlestone-man
Hexode

Default Industrial Tool and Die Works model 6000-A radio schematic

Hello All

I wonder if anyone has a readable scan of the schematic for the model 6000-A radio, a US-produced ‘morale’ radio produced by the Industrial Tool and Die Works in Minneapolis towards the end of the war? I’ve found an indistinct scan which is all but unreadable, but a better one would be very useful to me. The schematic, along with a station log, was housed in the lid of the radio, but it’s missing from mine.

There’s a description of the model 6000-BAC, which seems to be a later version of the radio, incorporating mains and battery switching at:
https://people.ohio.edu/postr/bapix/6000-BAC.htm
And a readable schematic of this model can be found on the www, but I can’t find one for the 6000-A.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Best regards … Stef
Old 30th Jul 2019, 4:04 pm   #2
G4XWDJim
Octode

Default Re: Industrial Tool and Die Works model 6000-A radio schematic

I repaired an A some years ago for someone but couldn’t find a circuit diagram then. I did however keep 3 photos of the set which I will pass to you if they would be any help. If you would like them please forward an email address by PM so that I can send better quality pictures.

Jim
Old 2nd Aug 2019, 9:20 am   #3
G4XWDJim
Octode

Default Re: Industrial Tool and Die Works model 6000-A radio schematic

Larger pictures to Stef and 3 Pictures here in case anyone else recognises the receiver.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6000a2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	187734  
Closed Thread