UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Feb 2012, 12:44 pm   #1
camtechman
Nonode

Default Tuning Scale For Dansette 222 Radio

I've restored all parts of this radio but one part that needs replacing still eludes me; the round MW/LW tuning scale.

I've seen on here scans of mostly rectangular, glass tuning scales for valve radios but does anyone know of a scan that I can use for the Dansette 222?

Cheers,

Tony
Old 29th Feb 2012, 3:22 pm   #2
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Re: Tuning Scale For Dansette 222 Radio

Hi Tony,

Here's a scan of what you want. Unfortunately it, probably, won't look too good, when printed, as printers can't do gold.

If your really unhappy with the result, give me a couple of days and I'll alter the image so it can be printed onto clear film and then gold paint can be sprayed over it. I've done this before, for the Dansette III and it works really well!

Regards
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dansette 222 dial.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	63319  
Attached Files
File Type: zip dansette 222 dial.zip (706.0 KB, 176 views)
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 6:00 am   #3
camtechman
Nonode

Hi David,

Many thanks for the scan.

I printed it onto gold foil 'paper' which has a coating so that it takes inkjet print and the gold has come out very well as well as the other printing and the result is very acceptable.

Cheers,

Tony
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 12:13 pm   #4
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

It might be worthwhile adding a post to the HT&S section regarding this, giving details of the gold foil paper.
Closed Thread