UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jul 2019, 8:41 pm   #1
MartinZ
Retired Dormant Member

Default Fast Fwd issue with Grundig TK18

Hi This is my first post so hello all.
I was fast fwd a tape on the TK18 when it jammed. On taking the top off I found that the take up spool had ridden up over the large 2" rubber wheel (sorry not sure what to call it) and neither were spinning. This is the first time I've had the top off and the first reel to reel I've owned. I know it needs new belts (how difficult are they to change) but I was wondering if the wheels were meant to ride over one another like that. Any help would be much appreciated I got this cheap with some tapes and was hoping I could learn some basics on it before moving to some more complex stuff if I catch the bug. It was working fine before this issue.
Thanks Martin
Old 12th Jul 2019, 10:00 am   #2
MartinZ
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Fast Fwd issue with Grundig TK18

It's OK, got it all working fine now.
Closed Thread