UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2018, 10:46 am   #1
carlosFandango
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig Yacht Boy 1100

Hello all,

I'm new to this so any guidance on this forum would be very appreciated.

I was wandering if any one could advise me in the correct way to strip down a
Grundig Yacht Boy 1100 as I have tried to take the back off but it will not shift so thought I would seek advice as I don't want to break it. Sorry the reason I want to get the back off is that the tuning wheel has stopped working so any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to fix this for my farther in law.

thanks
Old 15th Apr 2018, 10:58 am   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Grundig Yacht Boy 1100

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...6&postcount=10
Old 15th Apr 2018, 5:39 pm   #3
Leon Crampin
Octode

My dismantling instructions in the link are for a "Concert Boy 1100" - the "Y-B 1100" control layout differs so the instructions are probably not directly applicable.

As a very general rule (it's always best to refer to the Grundig service sheet - even if it's in German), many Grundig portable radios, especially those with the two rear fixing screws at the top, need to have the tuning knob pulled off before the back can be removed. It can sometimes be tight.

On some sets, the rear panel slides upwards rather than lifting or unhooking.

The cause of a broken tuning drive is often a seized gang capacitor. Make a Forum search on this problem - a little heat and careful application of thin oil to the spindle bearing bush will usually resolve this problem.

Leon.
Old 21st Apr 2018, 10:03 am   #4
tri-comp
Heptode

Service manual with disassembly instructions.
In French, but it isn't that difficult to understand or Google Translate is you friend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yacht Boy 1100 (FR)_.pdf (1.03 MB, 211 views)
Closed Thread