UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jan 2011, 6:45 pm   #1
Keith_B
Tetrode

Default TR82 and VTR103 handles

Does anyone know an easy way of removing the carrying handle from these radios? I have one with cracked covers on the ends of the handles. I bought a potential donor set but ended up breaking these covers trying to remove them. Removing the handle seems awkward as well.

Keith
Old 24th Jan 2011, 6:53 pm   #2
dallaslaff
Pentode

Default Re: TR82 and VTR103 handles

Hi, You have to remove the spring clip on the inside, not too difficult if you remove the chassis first. I used a flat scraper to raise the clip, then slide off. The covers are attached to the shaft. The bit behind the handle is a seperate moulding.
All will become clear once the clip is off.
Les
Old 25th Jan 2011, 6:10 pm   #3
Keith_B
Tetrode

Default Re: TR82 and VTR103 handles

Thanks Les. I will bear this in mind when I get my next TR82!!