UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jun 2013, 3:58 pm   #1
Humber888
Heptode

Default Tektronix 475 'Scope - UK Serial Number vs US Manual

Could somebody with more knowledege of Tektronix 'scopes than me explain if you can correlate the serial number of a Guernsey-made Tek 475 with the equivalent US made version, so as to find the right circuit diagram versions etc in the service manual? I have a 475 with serial number 1010xx which appears to correspond to numbering used by the Guernsey site, and the US service manual covering serial numbers B010100-B249999. Can I simply prefix my 'scope's serial number with a 'B' to get the right revision status in the manual?

Many thanks.

Mike
Old 4th Jul 2013, 10:16 pm   #2
John_BS
Octode

Default Re: Tektronix 475 'Scope - UK Serial Number vs US Manual

Mike:

Does this help? I assume that the serial numbers are aligned in some way between countries. I have a Guernsey manual which is printed in the US but marked up locally: it says "above SN 20,000" (US) and stamped in red "GSY s/n 100200 up"

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tek serials.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	81584  
Old 5th Jul 2013, 10:06 am   #3
Humber888
Heptode

Default Re: Tektronix 475 'Scope - UK Serial Number vs US Manual

Hi John,

Oddly my Tek manual does not seem to include that helpful little guide to US/UK/NL/JP serial numbering theory - I eventually found it in another manual. From your information it seems that I can't assume the numeric parts of the serial numbers line up in an obvious way. The 475 manual I have includes lots of addenda, corrections and supplements covering different serial number ranges, which was why I was trying to correlate which bits suit my machine. Maybe I should try asking a question on one of the US Tekscopes groups - although when I tried to register with Tekscopes (as opposed to Tekscopes1, 2 etc) they wouldn't have me. Maybe only owning one Tek 'scope is not sufficient involvement!

Cheers

Mike
Closed Thread