UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Aug 2019, 3:06 pm   #1
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default B&O BeoSystem 10 Cassette Deck Belt?

Hi all

Last week I got a lovely looking BeoSystem 10 compact cassette player and radio system. It’s in great shape. However, the cassette deck has started to run slower and slower over the last week of using it. It seems stable and there is no issue in regards to overall sound quality i.e. no wow or flutter, but vocals are noticeably deeper and all songs sound like they are in a different key.

I took it apart earlier and noticed that the belt is pretty loose and slack so I just wondered if anyone knew what type of belt was needed for this? I’ve had look online and there doesn’t appear to be a ready made bundle/kit which says it will work with this system.

I know internally this system is pretty much 100 percent Japanese so it will no doubt use some kind of Japanese boombox Cassette mechanism as well. It does look very simple and easy to swap out the belt once I find a replacement.

Hope someone can assist.

A few photos attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FC977EDA-D3F7-481D-8970-306195EB951A.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	188811   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBECC4C6-7C23-497C-B774-F31A9D19878E.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	188812  
Old 26th Aug 2019, 8:12 am   #2
saxmaniac
Heptode

Default Re: B&O BeoSystem 10 Cassette Deck Belt?

You might try Cricklewood electronics. They have a range of generic belts catalogued by size, or eBay possibly
Closed Thread