UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2018, 11:05 pm   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Amphenol plug.

Hi,
I've been asked to look at a swimming pool cleaner that had stopped working. I suspected the cable where it enters the plug.
It's an Amphenol four pin plug with a screw locking ring that connects to the poolside low voltage power unit.
I can unscrew the sealing gland, but can't see how the body come apart to access the terminals.
Any ideas, chaps?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool plug 1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	163450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool plug 2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	163451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool plug 3.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	163452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool plug 5.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	163453  
Old 24th May 2018, 12:04 am   #2
G8UWM-MildMartin
Heptode

Default Re: Amphenol plug.

Yes (I made up 20 leads using the 6-pole version at work this week!)
Plug it into the socket and mate the locking collar, then a 24-mm spanner on the body will unscrew it.
Old 24th May 2018, 12:22 am   #3
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Re: Amphenol plug.

An oil filter chain spanner is another tool that may well work in place of the 24mm spanner.
Old 28th May 2018, 9:55 am   #4
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Amphenol plug.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies. I opened up the plug OK and rewired it. It unscrewed by hand, so no tools required. Alas, the problem wasn't the cable. It turned out that there was water ingress into the drive motor/electronics case through the drive shaft seals. So, it looks like a write off.
Thanks again.
Cheers, Pete.