UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jul 2020, 10:10 am   #21
allan
Pentode

Location: South coast near Ringwood/Christchurch, Dorset, UK.
Default Re: AM/FM Signal Generators With Sweep (Wobbulator) Function

I have a TF2008 which I find is a bit vague in its sweep mode and like other complicated (=heavy) bits of kit might need more time spending on its maintenance than time in actual use. An excellent signal generator with its very clever waveband switching (but this feature makes it inordinately complex!).
I thought, as you only live once, and I'm already a septuagenerian, kick wobbulators into touch and buy something half decent so I bought a DSA815TG. It really does help with keeping old test gear going.
Old 8th Jul 2020, 7:40 pm   #22
tri-comp
Heptode

I have a Heathkit IG-57A Post-Marker/Sweep Generator.
It does Sweeps for aligning 10,7MHz FM-IF's besides aligning NTSC-standard TV-IF's.
They come cheap and plentifull on eBay.

Rgds,

/Torben
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IG-57A_FM Alignment.pdf (989.3 KB, 88 views)
Old 8th Jul 2020, 11:02 pm   #23
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

There's not much call for them now the Americans have got rid of analogue TV, but if you've got a an accurate counter, you can probably re–align the tuned circuits for 10.7 MNz, 33.5MHz, 34.65MHz, 38.15 MHz, 39.5MHz, 41.5MHz and 45 MHz and then you've got something for vintage TV realignment!

I bought one myself but it disappeared from the lockups where a lot of my gear went six years ago!

Chris Williams
Old 26th Jul 2020, 6:57 pm   #24
OldTechFan96
Octode

I've been doing some more research and have added some more generators to the list.
Closed Thread