UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2011, 12:11 pm   #1
npaisnel
Retired Dormant Member

Default Revco RS2000 scanner

Hello All,

I have just been down the local dump this morning and came back with a semi working Revco RS2000 scanner.

Built in audio is dead, but the audio jack/external speaker works, so probably a duff speaker or wire.

But I can't find a manual on line any where after an admittedly brief search.

Can anyone help me out here please? No service manual required, although nice, just a general user manual.

Thanks

Neil

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 6th May 2011 at 12:19 pm. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 6th May 2011, 7:27 pm   #2
davidw
Heptode

Default Re: Revco RS2000 scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaisnel View Post
the audio jack/external speaker works
It may just be the break contact (disconnects the internal speaker) in the jack not reconnecting when you withdraw the plug. Somestimes a squirt of switch cleaner in the jack and work the plug in and out a few times will restore normal operation.
Old 6th May 2011, 9:42 pm   #3
npaisnel
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Revco RS2000 scanner

Yes, probably something like that...Will have a look when I get a moment...

Seems to scan OK, but cant seem to store or clear channels that are already in memory. There are CLEAR and Store buttons, but they do not seem to achieve anything, have tried various options ...IE press and hold..in combination with other keys etc, but no joy
Really need to get hold of the instructions, to see if it is a fault with it, or if I am doing something wrong
Closed Thread