UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jan 2020, 3:55 pm   #21
dragonser
Heptode

Default Re: Goodmans Freeview box

Hi, this is an interesting thread !
I have just changed a Goodmans freeview box and old Phillips crt tv for a second hand Sony LCD. ( don't worry I am keeping the Philips CRT TV ).
I think there were problems with a couple of the channels. But maybe the aerial is not set up properly ?
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 7:01 pm   #22
akuram1
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonser View Post
I have just changed a Goodmans freeview box and old Phillips crt tv for a second hand Sony LCD. ( don't worry I am keeping the Philips CRT TV ).
I think there were problems with a couple of the channels. But maybe the aerial is not set up properly ?
We probably could have used this box for long enough if channel 42 had been ok. We only use the tv for short periods and really only use channel 3 for the Chase and channel 42 at breakfast time. We no longer can suffer them shouting at each other on Good Morning Britain.
Old 24th Jan 2020, 5:49 pm   #23
simpsons
Octode

Channel 42 in Scotland must be different to the London Region. Here CH42 is called HGTV which plays BBC repeats of Bargan Time, Homes under the hammer and so on. Such programmes are also shown on Pick or Dave or just in case you miss them on Really after the same repeat is broadcast on BBCOne. What we really need is HGTV+1, Pick+1,Dave+1 and Really+1 as we don't have BBCOne+1 yet, just in case we miss the repeat.
Old 24th Jan 2020, 6:34 pm   #24
usradcoll1
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuram1 View Post
Quote:
We probably could have used this box for long enough if channel 42 had been ok. We only use the tv for short periods and really only use channel 3 for the Chase and channel 42 at breakfast time. We no longer can suffer them shouting at each other on Good Morning Britain.
We have those kind of programs here, also. Five people, talking, shouting and talking over each other. It gives me a headache!
Dave, serious most of the time.
Old 24th Jan 2020, 7:06 pm   #25
akuram1
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuram1 View Post
Quote:
Yes isn't it sad that we watch " Homes under the Hammer " at breakfast time but it is light viewing and better for us than Piers Morgan.
It was Home but now HGTV same as you.
Old 24th Jan 2020, 9:06 pm   #26
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by usradcoll1 View Post
Dave, serious most of the time.
I don't know if you spotted a reference to it earlier in the thread, but we have a channel called "Dave".
Closed Thread