UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jan 2020, 2:11 pm   #1
Draker4c
Pentode

Default Eastern European Gear

I've just been gifted the attached pieces of gear by my kindly Polish brother in law who knowing I had an interest in such things obtained them from a dealer in southern Poland. I would be grateful of any comments as to the equipment type/uses of the gear particulary the 'Eddystone' syle receiver whick appears to have a turret tuner selector on the front.
Many thanks
Hugh G1AUR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radiostacja prl (3)2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	197396   Click image for larger version

Name:	radiostacja prl (4)2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	197397   Click image for larger version

Name:	radiostacja prl (4).jpg
Views:	241
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	197398   Click image for larger version

Name:	radiostacja prl 2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	197399  
Old 19th Jan 2020, 2:54 pm   #2

Default Re: Eastern European Gear

What is the window on the right side of "Eddys" tuning scale for?

Old 19th Jan 2020, 3:38 pm   #3
cmjones01
Nonode

Much of that pile looks Czech, not Polish. There are several items (the ones with bluish cases, among others) with the manufacturer's name "Tesla" visible, which was the Czechoslovakian state electronics company.

the tall narrow thing with the phone handset at the top seems to be labelled in Czech, not Polish (it could also be Slovak - I'm afraid to say I'm not good at telling the difference at a glance).

Chris
Old 19th Jan 2020, 5:32 pm   #4
Draker4c
Pentode

Thanks for replies the window on RH of ‘Eddy’ tuning scale appears to be some form of ‘Success or carrier level meter. Chis yes the family is only 15 miles from Czech and Slovakian border so highly possible from either. The Tesla kit looks like it might bea signal generator and valve voltmeter the long unit you mentioned some form of military R/T (VHF ?)with the lower unit being possibly HF?. Some home brew items in evidence the unit with ammeter looks PSU(ish).The ‘Eddy’ looks military build but use of a slide rule scale on such equipment seems unusual. I’ll ask for some more pictures from Tadeusz but there is abig language barrier and although he a qualified electronics tech this stuff is outside his Ken!
Hugh
Old 19th Jan 2020, 5:43 pm   #5
ex seismic
Heptode

The tall one, top right, looks like an R105 or one of the variations on the theme. Russian originally designed military two way radio on various frequency bands depending on exact model number. Again, depending on model, might be valved or transistorised. Quirky by western standards and so interesting. (to some of us, anyway).

Gordon
Old 19th Jan 2020, 6:42 pm   #6
Draker4c
Pentode

Thanks Gordon that’s another another piece identified!
Hugh
Old 21st Jan 2020, 1:11 pm   #7
Draker4c
Pentode

Just in case anyone is interested the set is a dual conversion TESLA Lambda V c.1959.
Hugh
Closed Thread