UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Sep 2015, 12:12 am   #1
Arqiva BOC
Retired Dormant Member

Default PRC351 circuit diagrams?

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with a set of circuit diagrams for the Clansman PRC351?

I'm trying to download them from VMARS but the IT police here won't let me!

Martin
Old 8th Sep 2015, 11:38 am   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: PRC351 circuit diagrams?

Quite understandable, have you tried from home?
Old 11th Sep 2015, 5:17 pm   #3
Arqiva BOC
Retired Dormant Member

Yes, managed to at least download the files, but even with the password I can't seem to get some of them to unzip!

True to form the ones I have managed to access are not the ones I need!
Old 11th Sep 2015, 7:57 pm   #4
rovernut
Pentode

Hi

Firstly I assume you are member of VMARS

Secondly; as far as the circuits are concerned. I am not aware of them being available as I have been after a set for a little while. [I hope I am proved wrong]

Cheers
Richard
m0ysr
Old 12th Sep 2015, 6:11 pm   #5
trh01uk
Octode

I know VMARS has a copy of the EMERS because I provided them - but they have no schematics beyond block diagrams.

I'm not aware that the set was ever sold commercially, so there may be no schematics available in published form. The MOD would have had them in a document called a Base Repair Information File (BRIF), but no-one I've spoken to has ever seen one of these documents.

The EMERs are moderately useful, at least for locating faults down to module level. Army techs only ever swopped modules out in the field, hence the lack of schematics.

Richard
Old 13th Sep 2015, 8:45 am   #6
Arqiva BOC
Retired Dormant Member

Sorry, that should have been the 19-set forum! not VMARS.

http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/clansman.htm

I think they are still the files you provided though Richard?

I'm actually after the circuit of the synthesiser programmable divider. If they are not about I might sling a FOIA request in for them
Old 13th Sep 2015, 1:43 pm   #7
trh01uk
Octode

I have no particular knowledge of where the WS19 group got their files from. I have distributed my own copies to various email lists, and also left some in the vmars archive. I obtained a number of EMERs from the MOD direct originally in the days when they were still subject to the OSA. When they sent them over they had been officially "declassified".

The problem with just putting the files on to a website is that they remain Crown copyright - and will do for some decades to come. So when I provide copies I get people to send me an email confirming they are "for personal use only". That's the same thing you have to do when you copy something in a public library.

I wish you luck with a FOI request for the schematics. Chances are they will say they don't have them - but its probably worth a try.

Richard
Closed Thread