UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2011, 11:05 am   #1
Denis G4DWC
Pentode

Default Pye PMR AM25B

Hi

Has anyone got a copy of the circuit diagram, or point me in the right direction for a Web link for the PYE AM25B or maybe the PTB10 Vanguard. This is the version with the Valve receiver. I already have a copy of the AM25T transistor receiver version.

Thanks

Denis
Old 23rd May 2011, 1:13 pm   #2
sentinel040
Hexode

Location: Near Lichfield, Staffordshire, UK, most of the time and Crystal Palace, S London, some of the time..
Default Re: Pye pmr am25b

Dennis;

Somewhere in the pile file at home I have a copy of the manual for one of these beasts. I'm going to be out of the office tomorrow (at least) but if you dont mind waiting I will bring it in and either copy it or scan it, the later may be easier. Do you require just the circuit or the whole thing - that would have to spread out over a few days! Is it low band or high band?

Send me a pm if you like and let me know your requirements.

Regards

Ian (G8KSZ)
Old 23rd May 2011, 5:57 pm   #3
Denis G4DWC
Pentode

Default Re: Pye pmr am25b

Hi Ian

Thanks for your kind offer. PM on its way.

Denis
Old 24th May 2011, 5:40 pm   #4
Sparky67
Heptode

Default Re: Pye PMR AM25B

Hi Denis,

If you are going to run the AM25 one of the 'tricks of the trade' to improve the Tx audio was to s/c the choke and dis the two attached C's in the AF filter. Made a huge difference to the intelligibility. Same with the F27AM.

Probably made a small difference to the Tx spectrum as well

Cheers

Martin
G4NCE
Old 30th May 2011, 11:29 am   #5
Denis G4DWC
Pentode

Default Re: Pye PMR AM25B

That audio filter, Martin, was there to restrict the audio to the usual speech bandwidth and prevent higher audio sidebands straying into adjacent channels but as you say probably improved intelligibilty.

Ian has very kindly scanned and sent me the required parts of the manual for which I am most grateful.

Mods, the thread may be closed.

Denis