UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2007, 9:21 pm   #1
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Default R1155 D/F indicator

Hello all
I have a left/ right direction meter as part of the R1155 setup. I am not to sure about the connections. Looking at the meter from the back, and if you number the connectors 1 to 4 starting from the left. There is a wire running from one to two then two to four then four to three, is this correct. Also the visual indicator jones plug on the R1155 has eight pins numbered one to eight could anyone help me with the right connections between the plug and the indicator. Many thanks Mike.
Old 25th Feb 2007, 10:45 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: R1155 D/F indicator

Mike.

To me this seems reasonably clear on the R1155 diagram. Pins 1 and 2 of the plug feed the left and right hand meters and pin 3 feeds the common point of the meters. Within the receiver the pins connect to L27, L26 and R23 respectively.

The meter terminals are designated A, B, C and D in that order. B and C are strapped to form the common point connected to pin 3 of the plug. A and D are connected to pins 1 and 2 of the plug.

Of course I've only done the job on paper!

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 26th Feb 2007, 9:41 am   #3
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Many thanks Graham.
Mike
Old 26th Feb 2007, 12:08 pm   #4
paul.brett
Tetrode

Mike Brett (2E0LTJ) is creating a Lancaster bomber radio operators position mock-up using the R1155 and associated gubbins.

The project is still in the early stages, but some of the preparation work can be seen here http://paulbrett.plus.com/2e0ltj in the Projects section.

Some of the fabrication work and detail that has gone into the project is astounding.

Well worth a look.

Paul.
Closed Thread