UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Aug 2019, 10:14 am   #61
Andrewausfa
Heptode

Default Re: John Wakely in hospital.

That's good news John, always like reading your tales, tips and the YT videos you used to make.

Andrew
Old 17th Aug 2019, 2:05 pm   #62
unitaudio
Heptode

Great to hear you're back home and getting back to normal.

I always like reading your posts, even if I've no idea what you're talking about most of the time (I don't do tellies), your knowledge and humour are absolutely superb!

Onward and upward!

Regards,
Paul
Old 17th Aug 2019, 3:03 pm   #63
peter_scott
Nonode

John, I just spotted this thread and like everyone else hope that you make a full recovery. It's great to hear that you are back home and hopefully with a bit of medication will be as good as new.

Very best wishes,

Peter
Old 17th Aug 2019, 7:06 pm   #64
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Thanks very much for all your very kind comments. I have been quite busy today. I was told not to be sluggish but continue doing what I normally do but no driving of course.

It is early days but my periphery vision in the left eye is considerably better than it was 3 days ago, so much so that I hardly notice it but as I said it is early days.With the aid and skill of the ESHR I feel I have been VERY lucky.

Don't worry, if I end up in the Victorian Home for Faded television Engineers, I will let you know the visiting hours. You can throw pork pies and hotdogs over the wire fence but let me know a rough time so I can harvest the offerings, preferably after dark.
Regards to you all John.
Old 19th Aug 2019, 8:18 pm   #65
chroma04
Tetrode

All the best John, and hope you continue to improve.

Best Regards,

Adrian.
Old 19th Aug 2019, 11:46 pm   #66
nickdoofah
Tetrode

Bless you John! I had a serious brain stem stroke in March 2013 & it changed my life in the few seconds it lasted! I had had several mini strokes that were misdiagnosed (Another Story) resulting in wrong meds given me & the worst happened on the 8th March 2013! You have been very lucky as you no doubt know! I lost use of pretty much everything & some functions returned - I was a miracle man the doctors all said & couldn't understand how I 'Came back' from the devastating brain damage
Anyway the reason for my post is to say please do take things easy for as long as you can! This is the time your brain will try & rectify where the bleed was (However small) So rest is paramount! I still repair my boombox collection & will do as long as I am able - It's a very slow process these days as I get very tired without warning so it's a bit at a time! Taking things easy now will reduce a repeat performance from your CPU! It's amazing how some of us are survivors, it was very different in the 1970's when my Grandfather had a terrible stroke when care was almost non-existant Best wished for a slow & steady recovery!

Nick
Old 20th Aug 2019, 10:54 am   #67
Station X

John is now back at home and making a good recovery. We all wish him well.

It's now time to close this thread.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Closed Thread