UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Aug 2019, 7:33 pm   #1
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default KB TV service manuals

I have gone though the TV service manuals that I have and listed them.
Are there any that are not available from elsewhere?

If they are already available for download then I dont want to spend my time on them, the circuit diagrams are quite large, one is bigger than an ordinance survey map.
If there are any rare ones I am happy to scan and make them available.
Please see attached xls file.

Mike

p.s.
I have just found some more so am going to edit the file and upload again in a while

Last edited by crackle; 10th Aug 2019 at 7:53 pm.
Old 10th Aug 2019, 8:18 pm   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: KB TV service manuals

Here is the spreadsheet.
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: xls kb_tv_service_manuals.xls (31.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 10th Aug 2019, 8:59 pm   #3
terrykc
Rest in Peace

Mike, there is one missing from your list, the VC207 chassis (the one with the varicap tuner).

I should have the manual somewhere if it is of interest although there is still a lot of stuff stored in crates in the garage since our move, and it may take some time to turn up!
Old 11th Aug 2019, 5:05 pm   #4
crackle
Rest in Peace

Hi Terry
You may have misunderstood the reason for my post.
It is not so much intended to be a reference of all the KB TV's, but a list of the models which I have service information for and which I am happy to scan and make available if any are difficult to get hold of.
However if you can scan and send me the PDF by email I am happy to include your one on my website. (or post it to me)
The same goes for anyone else who wishes to share their own scans on the KB Museum Website. But I stress they must be their own scans,

I have not had much response from the TV boys, so am I correct in assuming there is a decent repository for these service manuals somewhere on the web.

Since my last post I have found some more information and added that to the list.
The ones in blue are ones I have already scanned and are available on my website.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: xls kb_tv_service_manuals.xls (48.0 KB, 59 views)
Old 11th Aug 2019, 5:41 pm   #5
terrykc
Rest in Peace

No misunderstanding, Mike. Just that I spotted that I should have one which is missing from your list.

Apart from the tuner, I know there are some slight differences on the main chassis, so if I can find it I thought you might like to add it to your collection.

AS for there being a decent repository available, if my search to see if an electronic copy was already available is anything to go by, I doubt it!

Although the new version of your spreadsheet has grown in size, I can't see any entries in blue.
Old 11th Aug 2019, 6:39 pm   #6
crackle
Rest in Peace

There are only 7 entries where the model number is in blue. VC1, VC2, VC4, VC51, QVP20, CVC5, KB 760 TV.
These are the ones I have already available.
I have to admit to finding it confusing as to what models use which chassis.
Mike
Old 12th Aug 2019, 12:41 pm   #7
crackle
Rest in Peace

I don't see much interest in this so I have boxed them all up again.

Mike
Old 12th Aug 2019, 12:45 pm   #8
ms660
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackle View Post
Mike
I sometimes did back in the day.

I think your KB Museum site is tops.

Lawrence.
Old 12th Aug 2019, 12:54 pm   #9
crackle
Rest in Peace

Thanks Lawrence, my intention was to take the reference to TV's out of the main radio service manual page and create a separate page.
It looks like if I do still go ahead and do that then it will just be a reference page..
I have never really had much interest in TV's so didn't want to waste my time if all this information is already available elsewhere.

Mike
Old 12th Aug 2019, 2:10 pm   #10
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackle View Post
There are only 7 entries where the model number is in blue. VC1, VC2, VC4, VC51, QVP20, CVC5, KB 760 TV.
These are the ones I have already available.
Mike
STC fitted individual models with more than one chassis in the early dual standard era, as they introduced VCx chassis developments into production, as mentioned in their service bulletins from that era. You have to at least look at the rear preset controls (accessible with the back on) in order to distinguish between VC1 and the later chassis. Even then, you’d have to look inside to determine whether it was a VC2 or VC3.
Old 12th Aug 2019, 5:11 pm   #11
Restoration73
Nonode

I would be grateful if anyone knows the model no. of KB Washington. It is a 23" VC2
chassis set with A59-13W Brimar, and 4 push button VHF and rotary UHF tuner.
Unlike many large KB sets the speaker is not under the tube.
This set has a serious design flaw. The single heavy tambour door when closed adds
to the weight of the crt and the set tips on to its front. It is possible it was designed for use with a heavy stand.
Closed Thread