UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Old 14th Apr 2024, 5:10 pm   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default 10k pot in wobulator?

VR3 in this wobulator https://www.worldradiohistory.com/UK...RC-1960-10.pdf is 10K with mains switch. I an certain it would be Linear. I have 20k Lin would a 10K across the track be ok? or I have a 10K log would it work with maybe 4.7K end of track to slider? I have used this arrangement in audio but this is a bit different. The pots on the net are all short shafts, I need 22mm x 6.3mm and there is not enough room to get a joiner in. So hoping I can make something work that I have here without having to wait for postage.

Please type in "21" for page number and to the right of this is a rotation tag as the image is on it side.

John.

Last edited by 60 oldjohn; 14th Apr 2024 at 5:16 pm.
60 oldjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2024, 9:02 pm   #2
John_BS
Octode

Default Re: 10k pot in wobulator?

20k should be fine: parallel another 20k fixed across the track if you want to be pedantic!

John
John_BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2024, 10:10 am   #3
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_BS View Post
20k should be fine: parallel another 20k fixed across the track if you want to be pedantic!

John
Oops, I meant add a 20k across the track. thank you for your reply, I will do that.

John.
Old 15th Apr 2024, 1:07 pm   #4
Chrispy57
Hexode

Hi John, apologies for possibly throwing a couple of spanners into the works;
but I noticed that the parts list in your linked magazine specifically mentions that the other two potentiometers, R1 and R2, are linear - perhaps implying that R3 is not linear?

Also, you say that you already have a 10k log potentiometer - so why would that need an additional 4.7k resistor if the original is also 10k?

I'm hopeful that you may already have the solution to your problem at hand - is it worth trying?

Cheers
Chris
Chrispy57 is online now   Reply With Quote