UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2019, 2:10 pm   #1
record man
Pentode

Default Bang & olufsen 5000 type 1804

I have a beocenter 5000 type 1804 when i plug in b&0 3000 cd in the front aux skt on the front it negates the radio even when cd is off. the radio will work if i remove the plug from aux is there any way to leave it in place.
PS i dont have a tape2 at the back.
Many thanks
Old 12th Jul 2019, 9:55 am   #2
Max Ripple
Pentode

Default Re: Bang & olufsen 5000 type 1804

The front "aux" socket was conceived as a tape copy connection,and along with the microphone facility considered to be for intermittant use,so there is a switch incorporated into the socket to interrupt the radio function.

It's possible to adapt the unit for connection of external devices such as cd players and Bluetooth receiver's,but it's quite involved.

A crude "get around" solution might be to remove the metal body of the Din connector,and connect the cable without it.The metal body operates the switch when inserted.You would also need to set one of the radio presets to "no station"where the sound would be muted,otherwise you will hear radio and cd at the same time!!!That preset would become your "cd" function.
Nick
Closed Thread