UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jan 2015, 1:22 pm   #1
Clare J
Retired Dormant Member

Default Roberts RD60 Radio Speaker Repair

This post is to say a huge thank you to your site & members.
The speakers on my Roberts radio stopped working after 5 years. I read one of your closed threads from 26th Jul 2006, entitled "Roberts R606MB (and common Roberts faults)." and after checking the head phone socket as suggested, then wiggling the jack around my speakers started working again!
So simple and saved me lots of repair costs! Thanks to those who posted in that thread!
Old 4th Jan 2015, 12:56 am   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Roberts RD60 Radio Speaker Repair

Hi Clare,

I'm pleased that you managed to repair your radio. It is often the simplest problems that cause modern electronic 'kit' to be thrown out as faulty and replaced, which is what the manufacturers want us to do, whereas a little research can result in its being repaired at little or no cost.

This Forum certainly is an excellent repository of knowledge and information, and many contributors will be glad that you found it useful.

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Closed Thread