UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 27th Jul 2022, 5:07 pm   #1
steveroden
Diode

Default Hacker GAR 1000A - repair - NW England

Hello All,

I picked up a Hacker GAR-1000A with a Lenco GL75 within it at a car boot sale. It's in fantastic cosmetic I am not that person who will be able to look at it myself - and whilst I have a good friend who is a retired electronics engineer and has said he will look at it and hopefully get it running, he's frankly still very busy on his own long-running projects, so I can see it being a lengthy process until he finds time.

So... can anyone recommend anyone who can look at it, diagnose any faults and repair - in the NW/ North/ Midlands of the UK. At a stretch South Wales would work as well due to family. It's heavy and I will be delivering by car. I've checked a few of the local people who work on Hacker Radios and the fact that this is as well a turntable and large and will take up workbench space is also an issue.

Thanks,

Steve
steveroden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2022, 8:45 am   #2
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker GAR 1000A - repair - NW England

Hi Steve a word of warning, remove the counterbalance weight when transporting to save breaking the rear of the arm off.

Mick.
vinrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2022, 4:26 pm   #3
Uncle Bulgaria
Octode

The GL75 also has transit screws under the platter for the sake of the motor springs, and the platter should be removed to save jolts on the spindle bearing.
Uncle Bulgaria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2022, 5:21 pm   #4
PaulR
Nonode

Does it work at all? Is it the Goldring deck that is causing problems?

I am far from being any sort of expert but I could certainly power it up and look at the deck for you. If the amp isn't working it would probably be better for you to find someone else to look at it but if it just needs a check over and the deck serviced I could do that. I am in Southport so not too far from you.
Old 1st Sep 2022, 10:28 am   #5
unitelex
Hexode

I have agreed to repair this for Steve, I will provide a progress update here later
Chris
unitelex is offline   Reply With Quote