UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Mar 2021, 12:14 pm   #1
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Clicking on open image closes Forum link

Noticed in the last week that when I click on an attachment image in a Post to view it enlarged, if I then subsequently click on the open image again it appears to close the Forum link (leaving the image still displayed).

Then have to launch the Forum link again and login again, do not remember seeing this type of behavoir until recently.

David
Old 16th Mar 2021, 12:33 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Clicking on open image closes Forum link

For any odd problems make sure you are ticking Remember Me when logging in.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 16th Mar 2021, 3:44 pm   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Thank you Paul, I must admit I do not normally tick "Remember Me" but I will do in future.

I tried ticking it but no change. I then tried another browser (Opera) and that was OK. I could then see that the difference was that on Opera I had an horizontal tab box across the top of the screen with 2 tab boxes, one for the image and one for the normal Forum screen view.

On browser I normally use (MS Edge) there is no horizontal tabs along the top of the screen (there used to be). Then discovered that I had vertical tabs enabled and the tabs were appearing vertically, so when the image was clicked on for the second time and it was looking like the Forum screen had closed down, it was not actually closed, it just needed the Forum tab to be selected, which was not obvious at all.

So I have now set it back to horizontal tabs by selecting "Turn off vertical tabs" little icon, somehing I have never noticed before, so mystery solved. At some stage I must have inadvertantly selected "Turn on vertical tabs" from the little icon in top left of screen.

David

Last edited by DMcMahon; 16th Mar 2021 at 3:52 pm.
Old 16th Mar 2021, 3:52 pm   #4
Mooly
Octode

Vertical tabs appeared on the stable release version of Edge (the one most use) about a week ago as I recall. They had been available on the beta versions (Dev and Canary) for a while before that.

I don't like them fwiw.
Old 16th Mar 2021, 4:53 pm   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

It wouldn't surprise me if this old forum software gradually has more compatibility problems with modern browsers. Looking for an alternative is on my to-do list but nowhere near the top.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 16th Mar 2021, 9:26 pm   #6
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Meanwhile, it's one of the few web sites that doesn't take forever to access via copper broadband!
Old 16th Mar 2021, 10:25 pm   #7
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stenning View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if this old forum software gradually has more compatibility problems with modern browsers. Looking for an alternative is on my to-do list but nowhere near the top.
In this case I do not think a compatibility issue, but just me not being familiar with the vertical tabs option that I somehow toggled on without realizing it.

David
Closed Thread