UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2019, 12:12 am   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default NSM City IV Juke Box Woes

I know that there are specific sites re Juke Boxes but the Forum seems to be flexible in this area and enquiries are allowed, particularly re ex J Box amplifiers, for example! My son is now resident in the Market Harborough area and purchased a relatively modern [I think] Juke Box from a local pub. This was going great guns at a family party recently but now there is a problem and an error code. I am not conversant with this technology at all. He's aware that Forum members fall over themselves to assist anyone with problems re vintage kit [he's met some] and has asked me to make enquiries amongst the helpful people on here! Its an NSM city-iv The error code is Er 60. He's researched this and seems to think [from on-line info] that it may be a mechanical/lubrication problem. He says that any help [local or otherwise] would be really appreciated. He's had the sense not to spray everything with WD-40 so can anyone offer some guidance? [He says he's not sure where to start]. Or even a repair service?

Dave W
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 1:13 am   #2
Alistair D
Nonode

Default Re: NSM City IV Juke Box Woes

It would be worth contacting NSM directly. http://nsmjukeboxmanuals.yolasite.com/

Al
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 1:32 am   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Well thanks very much for that Alistair. I don't know if Jon has seen it already. He's not really that technical at the electronic/mechanical level [perhaps like me] but he does put Festivals together and manage the infra-structure on a regular basis! I think he just want's some clarification of the fault and advice from those in the know as to whether he could realistically hope to sort it himself

Dave
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 7:35 pm   #4
buggies
Heptode

The (translated) error codes on this page

https://translate.google.com/transla...tm&prev=search helpfully say:-
ER 60 ... Concert 240, ES IV,City IV ... Error in the drive
Old 4th Dec 2019, 4:29 pm   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Thanks George. He's working away this week-will pass it on!

Dave
Closed Thread