UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Oct 2017, 10:13 am   #1
sunthaiboy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Criggion Radio Station

Anybody who knows the area in and around Welshpool, Powys (up to the late 1990's) will know of Criggion Radio Station, mainly from the several 600 foot towers and 700 foot masts that dominated the sky-line, alas now all gone. One of the 4 transmitters buildings has now been pressed into service as a store for a private collection of radio (Tx/Rx) and older electronic test equipment, after more than 13 years of abandonment and dilapidation. It is in active use as a repair workshop. Criggion has a very interesting history dating back to the 1940's (cold war comms), which is slowly being documented. Still very much "work in progress" but an interesting visit for anyone who know's what an 807, AR88, or Tank CCT is. Mainly covering 1930's to 1960's Radio Grams and Test equipment tend dominate the floor space plus the odd TV, most in working order or under repair/renovation.

Free to view by appointment only. There are access issues, i.e. steps up (...well it is on the Severn flood plane). Currently "no facilities" (just bushes). Contact though forum if you fancy a visit.
Old 5th Nov 2017, 9:28 pm   #2
YoungManGW
Hexode

Default Re: Criggion Radio Station

Hello there. I believe that you are in the MW building. I am just down the road, in Oswestry, and very nearly bought this building myself. Would very much welcome an opportunity to visit, see how it's coming along.

Regards,
Richard
Closed Thread