UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Mar 2019, 2:58 pm   #1
Laurdys
Pentode

Default Practical Television Schematic Query

I'm currently working on a Radio Rentals set (similar schematic in Practical Television Dec 64). however, the online copy (which may be faded) shows a value for R102 as 70K. since this is a very odd value I'd like to confirm that this is the correct value and not 270K or 470K. Also the online archive doesn't have the Jan 65 edition containing the continuation of the article. Can anyone help with either query?
Old 13th Mar 2019, 3:51 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Practical Television Schematic Query

Close inspection of the original page through my illuminated magnifier does appear to say "70kΩ", but it is possible there is a previous digit (most likely a "2" or"4") that hasn't printed, as the printing of that side of the page does appear to be rather lightly printed compared with the rest.

I attach part two from January 1965 below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio Rentals 340 part 2 page 1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	179856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio Rentals 340 part 2 page 2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	179857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio Rentals 340 part 2 page 3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	179858  
Old 13th Mar 2019, 3:56 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Practical Television Schematic Query

By the way, I can't remember which scans on the americanradiohistory site were taken from my originals, but it may be (given that it suffers from the same problem as mine) that that may be one of them.