UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Oct 2019, 5:21 pm   #21
G8HQP Dave
Rest in Peace

Default Re: FM aerials

Why not try an attenuator to see how much signal you have? If it works fine with a -6dB attenuator in line then a resistive splitter will do the job. If you are feeling bold then you can make a splitter yourself: three connectors, three 25R resistors (22 or 27 are close enough) and a metal box.
Old 18th Oct 2019, 8:02 pm   #22
alanworland
Heptode

Default Re: FM aerials

Spent the afternoon grovelling around in the loft and located the cable that supplies my study, I can't really remember but it must be split off a TV feed - couldn't get over to find out without mass removals.
Anyway powered up the new distribution amp which now supplies the Rotel and the Quad's. The Rotel appears to perform as it did before the amp although it indicates more signal but the FM3 is so much better!
Can't imagine why I connected the study to a TV aerial in the first place? although to be fair it used to perform better years ago when TV aerial was directed at Wrotham and a few years ago it was swung round to Bluebell Hill. Probably because I didn't want to Syphon off the signal to the lounge.
Anyway sufficient to say it has been a good result.

Alan
Closed Thread