UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2017, 1:54 pm   #1
david3006
Tetrode

Smile Ferguson 368XL service sheet

Hello all,
Back to radio restoration after a longish break. Now attempting a Ferguson 368XL. The main problem is lack of service sheet. Not on the useful disk from PS or anywhere on the web, so if anyone has one and could email it to me I would be very grateful.

Thanks

David
Old 2nd May 2017, 2:06 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Ferguson 368XL service sheet

It looks a very standard design, Radio Museum have photos and valve line up. Have you tried other Ferguson sets from about the same date, apart from SW the rest of the set may be very similar.

Frank
Old 2nd May 2017, 3:38 pm   #3
david3006
Tetrode

Hi Frank,
Yes, I've had a look at the Museum, at least I know how the cabinet should look! And as you say the valve lineup is fairly standard. However, nothing beats the service sheet when it comes to deal with awkward faults, so if its available, that's the place to start!
David
Old 2nd May 2017, 3:48 pm   #4
Steve_P
Dekatron

Export model of some kind? What valves are in it?

Cheers.

Steve P.
Old 2nd May 2017, 4:08 pm   #5
paulsherwin

It's a fairly standard late 50s B9A AM superhet lineup with an added magic eye, though the diodes are in the IF pentode (EBF89) rather than the audio preamp (EF86). I agree it's almost certainly an export model - there's no LW, and you generally only find tuning indicators in VHF sets in the UK 50s domestic market.
Closed Thread