UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2015, 4:36 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default BEME 'SHANNON' Marine Tranceiver

Does anyone know anything about this 1960's era Tx/Rx ? One or two Bands, possibly MW & SW.
Nothing to do with my current Beme Loop quest. Just a pal needs some info, and thought I might be able to help.

Regards, David
Old 4th Aug 2015, 9:34 am   #2
coil1234
Pentode

Default Re: BEME 'SHANNON' Marine Tranceiver

Hello David,
you have a PM.

Regards Mike A.
Old 4th Aug 2015, 12:42 pm   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

What about the rest of us curious cats?
.........O..Chris....O
Old 10th Aug 2015, 4:16 pm   #4
David Simpson
Nonode

Quick update -
A marine electronics pal down south had been asked by one of the producers of the new Donald Crowhurst film about the radio fitment back in 1968 aboard the Teignmouth Electron.
They thought that a Beme radio had been fitted, and my pal, knowing of my Beme research, asked my advice.
However, thanks to the "Radio Room, Ships Nostalgia" forum, I was able to make contact with the actual Marconi engineer who did the fitment, and another chap who has seen the actual wreck out in the Cayman Islands.
This info was passed on, & I understand that the film comes out shortly. Hopefully with correct mock-ups of the radio installation for authenticity.
Guess this thread can be closed, Moderators. Unless you want to keep it open under "Teignmouth Electron" so that when we all get to see the film we can make a few comments.

Regards, David
Closed Thread