UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Oct 2019, 9:07 pm   #21
beery
Heptode

Default Re: Oh no, my TV22 has failed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panrock View Post
Andy,

Nice job. Nice result!

1984?

Steve
Thanks Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_scott View Post
And another vote for 1984. (When big brother turned off 405 lines.)
Those waxies look super!

Peter
Yep. Both Steve and Peter are correct. I orignally saw this drama when it was re-transmitted in the 1980s as part of the Lime Grove Story TV day on the BBC.
I did video it at the time, but somehow the recording was lost.

I managed to obtain it on a Latin American DVD. So it has been converted from 25FPS to 29.97FPS (it is an NTSC DVD), then converted to on my media server back to 25FPS. It then somes out from HDMI at 30FPS and then is converted back to 25FPS in an HDMI decoder before it then goes into a Hedhog standards converter to turn it back to 405 lines
Actually the change of frame rates is not the main problem (there is not much action). The worst problem is that it is stored on the DVD as a low resolution bonus track; the main feature is actually and American movie version of 1984 from 1956 (also very good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus25 View Post
I've never much liked the way waxies attract dust and dirt.
Hugo.
Hi Hugo,
Well I don't mind as that is part of their charm - if you can call it that. I can't imagine that repairmen of the day liked getting sticky waxy fingers
The larger capacitors have the insides pulled out of them. However this does cause the wax on the outside to move and become matt in appearance, so a quick blast with the hot air gun makes them shiney again.

Cheers
Andy
Closed Thread