UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 21st Mar 2014, 8:57 am   #1
FIXITNOW
Octode

Default Telephone exchange SDX INDeX model 200 by Lucent Technology

Telephone exchange SDX INDeX model 200 by Lucent Technology

Obtained this a couple of years ago was removed from where I was working due to upgrade so was working when removed
Came with handsets
Avaya 2030-nl 5 off
Index DT1 3 off
And a index DT3

It's been stuck in a corner for a while
I just wondered if it was worth keeping for a home exchange?

Telephones are not really my area of collecting
But it’s just going to sit here, I may use it or I need to pass it on

Cheers Vince
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	90404   Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	90405  
Old 21st Mar 2014, 11:01 am   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: Telephone exchange SDX INDeX model 200 by Lucent Technology

Hi,
I am not too familiar with the Avaya Index range of PBX's but there is a bit more information here

Regards

Andrew
Old 21st Mar 2014, 4:08 pm   #3
russell_w_b
Dekatron

We use an INDeX exchange at work on ISDN30 with 40 DDI numbers - it's on borrowed time as it's soon to be replaced by a VOiP IP system. INDeX display telephones are readily available off eBay, refurbished - there's a company in London who does them - and they cost about fifteen quid each as I recall.

The basic DT1 (all-digital) instruments seem to be loosely aesthetically styled on an BT Viscount instrument - very loosely... You can page, hold, 'camp-on' and all the usual office telephone malarkey, but it's much easier with the DT3 or DT4 handsets as you need the handbook (I can scan a copy if you need one) to remember the commands.

The exchange will take BRI (Basic Rate Interface) ISDN cards or 'cassettes' as well as analogue ports. But... They do not do loop disconnect: MF only. Telephone lines - analogue and digital - are 36V two wire. The digital instruments use terminals 3 and 4 in the socket (polarity unimportant) and the analogue instruments use 2 and 5. You can't use a digital telephone with an extension (analogue) bell. It has to be assigned a 'group' number so both digital extension and analogue bell ring at the same time.

Talking to the exchange is dead easy using 'Kermit' protocol. I just use 'Hyperterminal' to talk to ours. The interface is a bit clunky, but hey...

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 21st Mar 2014, 4:20 pm   #4
FIXITNOW
Octode

cheers for this info
I am not sure I will ever use it

will see if I can pass it on somewhere
more of a radio man

vince
Old 22nd Mar 2014, 8:59 am   #5
dagskarlsen
Heptode

I am pretty sure you may get good feedback at this forum: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php

dsk
Closed Thread