UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Dec 2006, 5:38 pm   #1
plumbweiss
Retired Dormant Member

Default Weston Midget; general info and resources link.

I have an american lend lease Weston-Midget in the loft awaiting restoration, it has the tatty mains line dropper cord and a medium wave only. Does anyone know anything at all about this brand? Its WESTON as in Sangamo-Weston, not Western Electric. Its wooden, about 8 in square with bowed top and uses Tungsram valves. The front is virtually all speaker grille with the tuning scale actually mounted in the speaker cone!
Old 9th Dec 2006, 11:43 pm   #2
quantum
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Weston Midget

Have you checked out any of the circuit diagrams listed on the Nostalgiaair website under Weston?

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/452/T0000452.htm

Admittedly, a quick look suggests that most of the sets listed are probably too old to have been provided for lend-lease, but it might provide a useful starting point...
Old 10th Dec 2006, 10:37 am   #3
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Admittedly, a quick look suggests that most of the sets listed are probably too old to have been provided for lend-lease, but it might provide a useful starting point...
Don'y bet on it - the lend-lease sets I have were old models, I suspect that the radio makers sent over surplus stock they couldn't get rid of!

Jim.
Old 15th Dec 2006, 12:27 am   #4
plumbweiss
Retired Dormant Member

Goodness, what an interesting site, quantum. The weston midget was in our family before I was born and used to hang off a nail in an old railway carriage at the bottom of the garden, tantalizing the budding radio freak in me as a child.

I've learned that Weston was English, but moved to America and set up his various businesses! What you learn!!
Closed Thread