UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Sep 2020, 8:57 pm   #1
LA9CHA Thorvald
Pentode

Default IF transformers

Hello, anybody who can tell me which are the primary and secondary coils (upper or lower) in an IF transformer (with "silvered mica" disease)? The transformer is used in vintage battery radios with 96 series 7-pin valves.
Old 28th Sep 2020, 2:10 pm   #2
Davewantsone
Hexode

Default Re: IF transformers

In a standard 470kHz IF can with a quarter inch tuning slug, the top coil is the primary.
Old 30th Sep 2020, 11:31 am   #3
LA9CHA Thorvald
Pentode

Default Re: IF transformers

Hello Dave and many thanks for answer. I have to mention that in my case the IF freq is 460kHz, and the slugs are ca. 1/2" OD. The valves are for the 91 series, not 96!(sorry). Assume that the orientation of the coils are the same!
Closed Thread