UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Mar 2021, 10:12 pm   #21
patrickgnl
Pentode

Default Re: Problem with a SANYO TV set

TV frequencies are assigned by international agreement, so using a different channel scheme could risk interference with neighbours.

I don’t know about DTMB, but i have a DVB-T/T2 box off ebay, you can select 6/7/8 mhz for bandwidth and also output 480i or 576i ie Pal/NTSC should you so which. Of course most would use 1080P. Both Taiwan and Colombia currently use DVB-T and were ex NTSC 6Mhz countries, which presumably is the reason for flexibility...
Old 31st Mar 2021, 1:36 pm   #22
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

Yesterday I resoldered the 64 pins of the TV processor. A lengthy and boring process but it worked. The TV set is already working......again.......let's see for how long. I used a fine wire tip for my soldering gun, and power it with 70 volts to reduce heat. I used rosin instead of aspirine as flux.

The "green" is still a problem when powered on. There is no green, just blue and red (and violet of course). Then after some time working the green appears and don't fail anymore. I wanted to give it another round of resoldering on weekend but my wife told me that don't touch it anymore as it is working, so....ladies command. Let's wait to see when it gives another dry joint problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston_1
Next question is are the set boxes on sale able to be switched 6/8MHz bandwidth?
AFAIK, they aren't
Old 31st Mar 2021, 1:52 pm   #23
jhalphen
Hexode

Hi to all,

Here's what WikiPedia shows about DTMB broadcasting; Cuba is mentioned :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digita...edia_Broadcast

There is often confusion with T-DMB, a digital radio format created and used by South Korea.

The French nearly adopted it & finally went to DAB+

Best Regards
jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 31st Mar 2021, 3:31 pm   #24
agardiner
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Lopez View Post
The "green" is still a problem when powered on. There is no green, just blue and red (and violet of course). Then after some time working the green appears and don't fail anymore. I wanted to give it another round of resoldering on weekend but my wife told me that don't touch it anymore as it is working, so....ladies command. Let's wait to see when it gives another dry joint problem.

Have a look / reflow the connections on the tube base board. Probably dry joints there causing the lack of green.
Old 31st Mar 2021, 3:43 pm   #25
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by agardiner
Have a look / reflow the connections on the tube base board. Probably dry joints there causing the lack of green.
That was the first problem that this TV showed several years ago. I had to resolder the three transistors which drive the color signals to the CRT on the tube base PCB. That is not the case now as I checked for this and they are well soldered.

In Cuba we call that PCB "chispero" (sparkler). Is any particular name for it in English?

Last edited by Miguel Lopez; 31st Mar 2021 at 3:49 pm.
Closed Thread