UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jun 2018, 7:13 am   #61
Niechcial,Steve
Hexode

Default Re: KB VC1 width problem

There can't be many of them around. I have never actually seen one of the early dual standards that needed a new IF strip etc actually converted. Has anyone got one?
Old 7th Jun 2018, 2:01 pm   #62
The teleman
Pentode

Hi , I hope I'm not too late to comment but you can fit the lopt from a vc53 into a vc1 we used to do it all the time in my apprentice days
If you look on the back of the vc1 lopt you will find it has 1 connection where as the vc53 lopt had 2 connections all you do is wire in the lopt from the vc53 as it is in the vc1 & ignore the spare tag & it work fine
Obviously you can't fit a vc1 lopt in a vc53 because the missing tag is used in this model
Best of luck
Chris
Old 7th Jun 2018, 8:47 pm   #63
greg_simons
Octode

Nice work Steve, the vc1 was really a high performance job, I loved them even though one gave me quite a surprise when I sprayed the system switch whilst it was powered!.
Greg.