UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jul 2018, 12:57 pm   #1
Oaksey321
Retired Dormant Member

Default Dual party P1008

Hello all. I've been having issues with the above mentioned record player and was directed to this site in the hope I can find help obtaining a certain part. I acquired a dual party off ebay a short while ago, but someone has been inside it and removed the dual pot bass control and the components that were attached to it. I've acquired the components but I can't find a suitable pot for the life of me. It's supposed to be dual gang 10megohm according to the service sheet. I've searched everywhere on the net but no joy. If anyone can tell me where to find one, or some sort of equivalent I would be most grateful. Thank you.
Old 20th Jul 2018, 2:33 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Dual party.

Was this the Dual P1008 AV26 "Party" recently sold as spares and repairs?
If so, the circuit is available on Radiomuseum. If not, which model is it?
Old 20th Jul 2018, 3:50 pm   #3
Oaksey321
Retired Dormant Member

Hi there Bill. Yes it is the one from eBay. I've had it just over a week. I managed to get the service sheet and have managed to get the components which were missing. I just can't for the life of me find a pot for the bass control. I've attached a small portion of the service sheet showing that it is a 10m pot which is needed. But it seems they don't exist anymore.

Kev.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	166321  
Old 20th Jul 2018, 7:17 pm   #4
AC/HL
Dekatron

It appears to be standard physically, but such high values aren't common these days. You might have to have one made, but that won't be cheap. The other option is a dummy pot, and fixed resistors for a compromise setting. Try a wanted post, you never know!
Old 20th Jul 2018, 7:43 pm   #5
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Dual party P1008

Looks like it's used as a variable resistor rather than a pot, so depending on which end of the control range you prefer, subbing the highest value pot you can get either on its own or with a series padding resistor will give you some control.

It's an odd feedback type control- you might get away with 10x the capacitor and a 1meg pot.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 20th Jul 2018, 8:59 pm   #6
Oaksey321
Retired Dormant Member

Without the option for an exact replacement, can you explain in more detail what components I would need to substitute in place of the pot, but keeping the max bass setting. Or maybe a pot and components which would give me a little high end bass control. Sorry for needing precise details but I'm a novice.
Old 20th Jul 2018, 10:28 pm   #7
Cobaltblue

The pots are marked pos log and neg log I am taking it that that neg log is an anti-log ?

That's going to be even tougher to find if that's the case.

Cheers Mike T
Old 20th Jul 2018, 11:04 pm   #8
1100 man
Octode

Hi Kev,
Have a look at 'Blore Edwards' site, https://www.blore-ed.com/dual-gang-45 . They list dual gang 10 meg log pots from their standard '45' range. They will even make a bespoke pot to your exact spec if you require!
I have never needed their services but their name has cropped up on here in the past.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Nick
Closed Thread