UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jul 2009, 1:51 pm   #41
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Marshall Amp clone.

Seeing as we haven't got a circuit it's hard to say. Can you leave that one - it might well be OK.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 14th Jul 2009, 4:23 pm   #42
M0XNA Neil
Tetrode

The negative grid bias supply in these amps is typically -65V. The EL34 datasheet states a grid bias of -38V for a quiescent cathode current of around 30mA (i.e. with no signal applied). You can insert a 1 Ohm resistor in series with the cathode to ground and measure the voltage across the resistor in mV will give the cathode current in mA.

Neil.
Old 14th Jul 2009, 8:22 pm   #43
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Peter, conect 2 of the 500pf ones in series, this will give you 250pf at twice the working voltage. A lot close in value.

Ed
Old 14th Jul 2009, 8:44 pm   #44
lenaghans1
Retired Dormant Member

ed dinning thanks for your reply.do you know what the voltage would be.one end of this capacitor has a wire going to the treble pot right lug.

peter.
Old 14th Jul 2009, 8:54 pm   #45
lenaghans1
Retired Dormant Member

moxna neil thanks for the reply.i already have a bias probe to measure the bias.if i use a 47k or a 56k bias resistor i get 23ma, but i get red plating. if i use a 82k bias resistor i get 14.6ma on three valves and 13.8ma on the other.i can notice a difference in the tone.

thanks peter.
Closed Thread