UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2018, 12:51 pm   #41
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: Couriers/Post Office - Prohibited/Restricted items

About 15 years ago I bought some LP's the packaging for those included some other "free" lps used to stiffen / protect the whole nicely engineered package up. In the end I think I got more enjoyment from the packing material than the original record

The original was Beethoven's 7th which ended up with an annoying scratch so got little play. The two stand out packaging LPs were Klaus Wunderlich's Hammond Pops 8 and Limousine by Limousine (Dutch band). Probably worth a few pounds now vinyl is back in!
Old 17th Nov 2018, 11:00 pm   #42
Farzooks
Tetrode

Default Re: Couriers/Post Office - Prohibited/Restricted items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
My throw test for posting items was created in the 1970s when I watched them throwing mail bags out of a mail car across a station platform against the ticket office wall.
I have later changed this advice to the length of a sea freight container.
There has been no change in all those years.
My mail test now would involve spearing a box with a fork truck tine. If it can resist that, the radio within will likely be fine.
Closed Thread