UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jan 2014, 12:45 am   #21
skodajag
Pentode

Default Re: Book on the History of Ekco

Looks interesting; I'll definitely be taking a look
Old 5th Jan 2014, 2:59 am   #22
Andrewausfa
Octode

Default Re: Book on the History of Ekco

Regarding the use of the Philips, I popped the question (not that one) to the publisher;

"Hello Andrew, it tells the whole story of the EKCO story right up to its take over by Philips. It was the author's choice of image and I did quiz him the same, even saying people like yourself would definitely pick up on it! But we both liked the shape of the radio to suit the cover image and, as I say, you will discover how this great brand was eventually absorbed into an even bigger name. "

So there we have it.

Andrew
Closed Thread