UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2022, 5:16 pm   #21
Mr_H_RetroTech
Triode

Default Re: Dansette Bermuda Refurb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD360 Rob View Post
Also, make absolutely certain that the end peg that engages with the groove in the underside of the cam is free to rotate, they often seize and can be missed. I generally heat them with my soldering iron until it rotates then plenty of isopropyl alcohol to clean out old lubricant, then a few drops of sewing machine oil does the trick, this will reduce the rotational friction when auto is engaged and may be all that's needed (Along with previous suggestions)
Thanks. That peg was jammed so I freed it and lubricated. Also, I lubricated the cam track. However, when I recently refurbed a Garrard SP25 Mk3 the equivalent peg rotated very freely once cleaned up - I could spin it on its spindle. This BSR one will not do that. So, perhaps further attention required - maybe corrosion?

I begin to wonder whether the drive wheel return spring has lost tesnion allowing the wheel to slip between the spindle and platter. It odes feel like a very weak tension.
Closed Thread