UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jul 2008, 1:01 am   #1
stendec
Retired Dormant Member

Default Yaesu FT707 crystals

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain crystals for the Yaesu FT707 transceiver?
Someone has replaced the crystals for the lower three sections of the 28Mhz band with ones to make it operate at 26.5 to 28 Mhz (CB). Also the 7 Mhz band now covers 6.5 to 7 Mhz due to another crystal change, presumably to cover the 6 Mhz pirate band.
The crystals required are 42.4875, 42.9875 and 43.4875 Mhz for the 10 Meter band.
The manual says the crystal for the 40 Meter band should be 21.4845 Mhz (currently fitted with 20.9875) though logically shouldn't this be 21.4875Mhz?
Any help or information appreciated.
Stendec.
Old 29th Jul 2008, 7:16 am   #2
dsergeant
Octode

Default Re: Yaesu FT707 crystals

I believe this has happened on other FT rigs, the change to the 40m one is to allow operation on the illegal 6.5MHz frequencies. If Yaesu themselves cannot supply (probably not because of the rig's age) then your best bet is to ask on the FoxTango reflector. There is a publicly accessible site at http://foxtango.org/ where there is some information but by far the best is the Yahoogroups reflector http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FoxTango/ which has moderated membership. Joining is easy if you have an amateur callsign, you might have to state your reasons for joining if not. That group is a hive of activity on Yaesu rigs, strong US bias unfortunately but a large UK membership as well.

The other option is to buy custom made crystals from the likes of QuartzLab - but at around a tenner per crystal is not cheap.

Dave (G3YMC)
Old 29th Jul 2008, 2:28 pm   #3
stendec
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Yaesu FT707 crystals

Hi Dave, I have applied for membership of the FoxTango group and hopefully will meet other FT707 owners who have resolved similar problems.
Thanks for the information,
Stendec (G4KES)
Closed Thread