UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jun 2022, 12:58 pm   #1
Andrew North
Diode

Default Leak 2000 Tuner Amplifier

Good Afternoon All

I've been lurking this site for some time, but had the need look for a problem on my newly acquired unit above for ten quid.

The amp ran fine for a week (10 hours per day), then the volume level started fading in & out.

A quick search on these forums and found a response to a previous similar fault some years ago by audiomagpie, so 21p later the offending capacitor was replaced and it has been working flawlessly since.

The only issue I have now is the left channel appears to have less output than the right, haven't multimetered it yet, or swapped over speakers to see it they are the issue, but did download the Service manual from a link on this site.

So the crux of this post is

Does anyone know a resource that gives component values from Leak Part N°'s as the Service Manual circuit diagrams are as much use as a chocolate teapot when they relate to a part number rather than a value.

Thank you in advance

Andrew

Last edited by Cobaltblue; 22nd Jun 2022 at 1:05 pm.
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 2:26 pm   #2
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Re: Leak 2000 Tuner Amplifier

Hi Andrew

I'm glad my previous experiences were of some help - that's the power of this forum!

A service manual can be downloaded from https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...eak/2000.shtml
It's a great resource for many things hifi, you'll need to register with them.

Hope this is helpful, keep us posted of your progress....

BVWS committee chairman
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 2:53 pm   #3
Andrew North
Diode

Default Re: Leak 2000 Tuner Amplifier

Hi Greg,

That's the same manual as posted several times on here, which I already have, was hoping someone else had done the hard work of populating the schematics with values rather than part numbers.

Looks like I'll have to swap the 2000 back to my Delta 30 whilst I pull it apart and do it myself

Andrew
Closed Thread