UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Aug 2009, 8:47 pm   #1
Runepune
Retired Dormant Member

Default Eddystone 670A.

I have this Eddystone 670A lying around in bits and pieces. This receiver is very tired in many ways - it's not a nice receiver to look at anymore. I also have a supply transformer that would deliver conservative voltages to it, so it's very tempting to plug it in for safety purposes first of all. Isolation from the mains and so on.
Would hardcore Eddystone enthusiasts ''kill'' me if I modified this receiver with E-series tubes and a isolation transformer?
Old 8th Aug 2009, 9:15 pm   #2
g4aaw pete
Heptode

Default Re: Eddystone 670A.

Good evening,
I considered doing this with my Mimco R2232, which is really a rebadged version of the 670A.
In the final event, after changing all the capacitors and reforming the electrolytics, I left valve configuration as original.
I run the receiver via an isolation transformer and it performs adequately.
I believe several thousand of these models were produced, so they’re hardly rare. If any alteration to the original can be reversed, purists are unlikely to take a dim view of modifications !

Regards
Pete
Old 8th Aug 2009, 9:28 pm   #3
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow Re: Eddystone 670A.

If in doubt, ask the Q. here:

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/eddystone_radio_users

Al. / Skywave.
Closed Thread