UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Sep 2017, 6:18 pm   #1
buggies
Heptode

Default MA12 rebuilds. Replace input and output connectors?

Skip to last para for the question...

I have recently finished rebuilding a Linear Conchord "30 Watt" amplifier which I bought new in about 1965/6. I had no qualms replacing the input coax socket with a 1/4" jack and fitting banana sockets/terminals and jacks for the speaker. This will most likely be sold to a DIY audio /guitar person who will likely butcher it anyway.

Now started rebuilding the pair of MA12 amplifiers I bought in 1960/61.
These will be offered for sale somewhere when complete.
I have not repainted the chassis in order to retain the original silk screening, just touched up a few rust spots with silver enamel.

The question is, should I replace the input Belling Lee coax socket with a phono and the LS terminals with banana sockets or leave original.
Old 16th Sep 2017, 6:38 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: MA12 rebuilds. replace input and output connectors?

If you are going to sell it, leave as is for now and offer to fit whatever the customer wants for the sockets.
Old 17th Sep 2017, 5:41 pm   #3
buggies
Heptode

Default Re: MA12 rebuilds. replace input and output connectors?

Ok thanks - had not thought of that - sounds like a good plan.