UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Mar 2012, 10:32 am   #1
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Default Tonschreiber AEG RE3

Me again

Ive got the circuit diagrams for part/whole? of the Tonschreiber RE3. Is this the A model ? I cant find much on it apart from it is a navy model perhaps . I cant find a pictures of one either. I'm sure this circuit could be helpful to someone. I have looked for a public/internet copy but havent found one. Its on lots of bits of photocopied bits of a4 in various shades, Ive compiled two one dark one light versions. Where do you think would be best to put this for consumption ?

Dave
http://www.sonorouslocus.co.uk/RE3.jpg
Old 6th Mar 2012, 11:32 am   #2
brenellic2000
Octode

Default Re: Tonschreiber AEG RE3

The British Intelligence report refers to this as the compact A1000 L40 for the Navy on shipborne operations normally at 77cm/s but relay speeds up to 100cm/s.

Can't help on circuit diagrams, but don't throw them away!
Barry
Old 6th Mar 2012, 12:09 pm   #3
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Hi Barry

Do you have a link to the report please ?
Old 6th Mar 2012, 1:59 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogers-Lodger View Post
Where do you think would be best to put this for consumption?
Maybe copy them and send to Paul Stenning so that he can include them on his DVDs and instant downloads website, thus helping to fund this forum too...
Old 6th Mar 2012, 4:15 pm   #5
brenellic2000
Octode

Dave,

The Intelligence report is not on-line. It analyses the machines from a technical point of view and addresses production issues should the UK Government take it up. This was at the time the Rootes led Committee rejected the VW Beetle as having little commerical value. 16 million Beetles later, the Mexican government have just revoked their taxi licences! Win some... loose some!

Nick-the-Dentist raises an important issue about storing such documents. The BVWS has started the ball rolling but doesn't seem that interested in tape decks; even so a document repository needs to be fire-proof and controlled for humidity. The Science Museum or British Library perhaps? They'll need a pantechnicon for my collection!

Barry
Old 6th Mar 2012, 9:02 pm   #6
mrmagnetophon
Retired Dormant Member

Hello to answer your question, no there were never any A model machines, the re3 was under the category tonschreiber Ceasar (casar) if this machine does not have a VU meter, it would be the C(a)

If you get the whole schematic i would like a copy please.

Thank you,
-Chris
Old 6th Mar 2012, 10:10 pm   #7
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

I disagree Chris. I can se the A 1000 L 40 listed in several places as a . separate Machines . Here is one:
http://smartech.gatech.edu/bitstream...txt?sequence=4
I will find the other.
Dave
Old 6th Mar 2012, 10:51 pm   #8
mrmagnetophon
Retired Dormant Member

The (A) would have predated the B-Berta, (A) never existed, the smallest portable were under the C designation, the taller magnetophon variety was the Berta, and the magnetophon k6 turned into the tonschreiber Dora, im staring at a book of the machines i have sitting on my desk.

The machine you are refering to A1000 L40, was infact a variation under the C machines.

Some (C) machines the C(a) had no amplification of any sort. Re3 and Re26 was the submarine variation.

Also to be noted that book has quite a few incorrect areas.

-Chris

Last edited by mrmagnetophon; 6th Mar 2012 at 10:55 pm. Reason: correcting information
Old 7th Mar 2012, 11:00 am   #9
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Out of interest what book do you have? sounds interesting.
Dave
Old 7th Mar 2012, 11:35 am   #10
brenellic2000
Octode

Chris,

All books have errors - its a factor of interpreting and condensing information into an economically viable publication... whereas Wikipedia is plagiarised fantasy!

But surely the R26 was a clockwork powered field recorder?.. or was there an Re26 battery powered one?

Barry
Old 7th Mar 2012, 5:14 pm   #11
Rogers-Lodger
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenellic2000 View Post

whereas Wikipedia is plagiarised fantasy!

Barry
I think you'll find thats 90% of the internet and a rather large percentage of books but thats not what were here to discuss....

So we are saying the circuit diagram I am looking at is for a clockwork device? , cool . Oh I just found a 1:10 transformer marked as RE-3....

Dave
Closed Thread