UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Apr 2011, 7:40 pm   #1
BUSHBACKER
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ampro Stylist

Hello, I have recently got a ampro stylist projector
and i was wondering why its smoking from the lamphouse?
I live in england and i have a transformer with it that you can input 240v and it says 200v-250v on motor,lamp,amp output
wheres on the projector it says 115v input and im using both 115 and 240v bulbs and its still smoking?

Last edited by paulsherwin; 11th Apr 2011 at 8:05 pm. Reason: Edited to comply with forum rules
Old 11th Apr 2011, 8:15 pm   #2
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: Ampro Stylist

If it has not been used for some time then it may just be dust burning off but I would expect this clear within about half a minute. There may be a blower fan for the lamp, possibly using the same motor that drives the film transport. Try to determine what part is generating the smoke.

Peter
Old 12th Apr 2011, 3:49 pm   #3
BUSHBACKER
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ampro Stylist

It seams to be smoking even with the bulb out and it comes out of the top of the lamphouse
Closed Thread