UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2013, 4:36 pm   #1
Wirecutter
Retired Dormant Member

Default 405 Up Converter

Any one out there Know of an available 405 to 625 converter either a built unit / circuit or software that is available, as I have just restored a Sony 1/2" pre EIJ1 video recorder and it now will play 625 & 405 recordings and as I have 6 x 405 recordings that it is playing, I want to lift them up to 625 before the Oxide drops off the backing so that I have a copy that is playable.
Old 20th May 2013, 6:18 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: 405 Up Converter

See the previous thread in this section [405-625 14th May] and Vintage Ekco TV + Freeview in the Vintage TV section, particularly post 19*re a VCR. Hope that helps.
Dave W
Old 20th May 2013, 7:54 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: 405 Up Converter

There used be Labgear units around a few years ago and they were old then and cheap. Don't think I still have mine.