UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2014, 9:39 pm   #1
Nic-15fl
Hexode

Default No video signal through colour RCA plugs/snow on the VCR channel

Hi.

I'm using a Beovision 70's colour TV with a standard typical VHS machine that has RF connections for in and out. I connect up my Sega Genesis like I used to through the colour plugs but I get no picture through the VCR into the TV, just a black (blank?) screen.

Does anyone have a clue of why as to why there is colour snow on the VCR channel? When I disconnect the antenna from the VCR the picture becomes sharp and clean, I'm thinking it's the VCR.

I'm going to see if it's any different if I use another one.

Last edited by Station X; 3rd Mar 2014 at 12:33 pm. Reason: Readability.
Old 8th Mar 2014, 2:17 am   #2
terrykc
Rest in Peace

Default Re: No video signal through colour RCA plugs/snow on the VCR channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic-15fl View Post
When I disconnect the antenna from the VCR the picture becomes sharp and clean ...
I think that completely absolves your VCR of any blame!

Your antenna is picking up a signal which clashes with/over-rides the VCR's output signal ...

If this is new occurrence, it probably means that there is a new transmission on the the relevant channel that didn't previously exist.

This has happened here in the UK when a new DTT mux wiped out an analogue channel on a museum distribution network that had previously been clear ...
Closed Thread