UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2011, 2:17 pm   #1
Chloebeee
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony TC-FX2 tape deck

Hi there

I've just inherited a lovely sony music system with amp, phono, radio and cassette deck. Unfortunately the tape deck, although it will turn on and light up it will not work. Does anyone know if these are easily fixable, if theres any manuals about, or if theres anywhere near Brighton that can fix these?
Did have a look on the internet but either I'm looking in the wrong place or there a bit thin on the ground

Thanks!
Old 31st May 2011, 5:41 pm   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Sony TC-FX2 tape deck

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause is the drive belts which have stretched or broken.

Replacement are available from Cricklewood Electronics, www.cricklewoodelectronics.co.uk or from places like Charles Hyde or CPC. You will have to measure the belts yourself and decide which is most suitable.

If you are not happy about repairing it yourself then try and find one of us who can do it.

Sorry but I dont know anyone in Brighton who can help you.
Closed Thread