UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2011, 1:07 pm   #1
N7300R2R
Retired Dormant Member

Default Teac X-3 Problem

Hi All,

I was just sitting here listening to a tape when all of a sudden the meter lamps went out and the line out went dead, however the tape is still playing and the meters are moving, plugging a set of headphones in confirms audio is there.

I can also still record OK, but the VU lamps are dead as is the line out. The lamps being out I can understand but why has the line out gone? Any one have any ideas before I take it to bits to investigate.

Thanks

Rob
Old 14th May 2011, 1:15 pm   #2
qsilver
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Teac X-3 Problem

Very curious.... I'd check a schematic for shared power sources between the line out transistors and the meter board. Maybe a wire has come off or a fuse has let go?
Old 16th May 2011, 9:22 pm   #3
N7300R2R
Retired Dormant Member

Well nothing to report, I stripped it all down got the schematic ready powered it up and... it worked

I checked everything out any way all seemed as it should, so I put it back together and it has run all day with no issues at all.
Old 18th May 2011, 10:12 am   #4
qsilver
Retired Dormant Member

Faulty tape sensor perhaps?
Closed Thread