UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2017, 3:40 pm   #1
misslilof
Retired Dormant Member

Default Dynatron RG39A Radiogram value

Hi all,

Sorry if this is not in the right place I am very new to this forum group!

I have a Dynatron Stereophonic Radio gramophone.
It is from 1966, I have the original purchase invoice and it is in a good working condition (one small scratch on the top and one of the knobs inside needs sticking back down but still functions). The model number is RG39A.

Any advice on an estimated value would be greatly appreciated as I am literally shooting in the dark!! I can attach pictures if necessary.

Thanks in advance,
Louise
Old 25th May 2017, 4:13 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron RG39A Radiogram value

Look on the auctions sites for the selling prices of similar items. Note not the reserve price, this is very often inflated.
There is one advertised for £250, be very surprised if it gets near half of that probably less. The grams are large and generally don't fit well in modern homes.
There are plenty ranging from £20 to £100, just watch and make your decision on what they eventually sell for.
Frank
Old 26th May 2017, 3:36 pm   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

The is one of the better transistor models and quite well built as compared to later versions. Being an RG39A it is unlikely to be fitted with s stereo decoder for FM.
I would have thought between £65-95 max, and that's to someone who has some interest in these Dynatrons. If you were expecting far more money, it might be best just to keep it if you have the room.
Old 4th Jun 2017, 7:05 pm   #4
misslilof
Retired Dormant Member

Default Help!!

Hi there,

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place- I am new to the group. I am looking for any advice regarding the sale of a Dynatron Stereophonic Radiogramophone that unfortunately I no longer have space for.

I have no idea where to begin... it is from 1966 the Model no is RG 39A and I have the original purchase invoice.

It is in a really good condition with a slight scratch on the top and one of the knobs inside is loose but still functions.

I have struggled to find an example online but can take pictures if it helps, it is a big sideboard as opposed to a table top style radio.

If any one can offer any advice or point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Louise
Old 4th Jun 2017, 7:58 pm   #5
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Re: Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilof View Post
Hi there,

... I am looking for any advice regarding the sale of a Dynatron Stereophonic Radiogramophone that unfortunately I no longer have space for.
Hi Louise,

That's the thing with these, most people don't have the space for such big units any more.

It has little intrinsic value, partly for this reason and partly because its performance is good enough, but nothing special.

I live in an area where these things have inflated prices but even so, I'd be surprised if anyone offered more than £85 for it.

Also, because of its age, even if it is apparently 'working' ok, it will need certain things checking, replacing and fixing in order to be used safely and for it to perform as designed all that time ago. It can be very time-consuming indeed to fix transistorised radiograms, when compared with their valve predecessors.
Old 4th Jun 2017, 8:07 pm   #6
Paul_RK
Dekatron

I'd agree with what others have said here. It's a better quality item than most radiograms of its period, but there still isn't much demand for transistorised radiograms (or for that matter for many earlier, valved ones). The relatively few collectors of radiograms mostly concentrate on older models, and not that many non-collectors want to welcome one of these into their homes - though that could change, and when it does their value may soar, as there can't be a vast supply of survivors by now. At present, though, a home for it and a reasonable two-figure sum in payment are probably about the most you can hope for, and eBay would be as good a place as any to find a buyer.

Paul
Old 7th Jun 2017, 7:58 pm   #7
misslilof
Retired Dormant Member

Sorry I lost my thread!! Thank you for all of the above advice

Louise
Closed Thread